Central Coast Oregon Events
Below are some event suggestions culled from web resources. Always check directly with the vendors for the latest information and exact dates.
Newport Farmers Market – Saturdays
Outdoors May – October 9am – 1pm
Indoors November – April 10am – 2pm
Yachats Farmers Market – Sundays May – October 9am – 2pm
Oregon Coast Aquarium Encounters
Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturdays. Giant Pacific Octopus.Explore the realm of the Giant Pacific Octopus and get a slimy handshake! The Octopus Encounter includes a behind-the-scenes tour and educational information about the care of this amazing invertebrate. Ages 8 and up. 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. Oregon Coast Aquarium. 2820 S.E. Ferry Slip Road. Newport, Oregon. 541-867-3474. aquarium.org. Verify directly with the Aquarium.
Saturday and Sundays. Behind the Scenes Tours at the Aquarium.See how to vacuum in the water, make food for a 500-pound sea lion and what it looks like above the Passages of the Deep. 1-1:30 p.m. Oregon Coast Aquarium. 2820 S.E. Ferry Slip Road. Newport, Oregon. 541-867-3474. aquarium.org. Verify directly with the Aquarium.
Every Saturday and Sunday. Seal and Sea Lion Kisses.This is 20-30 minute experience including a behind-the-scenes look at our pinniped facility followed by a whiskery kiss from a sea lion or harbor seal and fun photo opportunities. Ages 8 and up. 2:15 – 3:00 p.m. Oregon Coast Aquarium. 2820 S.E. Ferry Slip Road. Newport, Oregon. 541-867-3474. aquarium.org. Verify directly with the Aquarium.
- Seafood & Wine Festival, Newport
- Whale Watching Spring Migration
- Crafts on the Coast Spring Arts & Crafts Fair
- Brewer’s Memorial Ale Festival. Rogue Brewery celebrates two of the best things in the world – beer and dogs – at this annual event in May, a tribute to Rogue Ales’ founding dog, Brewer. The event includes 30+ microbrews, live music, doggy musical chairs, a dog wash, dog dancing, and celebrity dog look-alike contests, Newport.
- Annual Newport Loyalty Days & Sea Fair Festival, Newport.
- Summer Kite Festival, Lincoln City
- Otter Rock and Roll Surfing Day, Otter Rock
- Siletz Bay Music Festival. Two-week long festival of music
- Newport Marathon, Newport
- Annual Yachats Music Festival
- July 3rd Fireworks – Waldport
- July 4th Newport Symphony Free Concert
- July 4th Fireworks – Yaquina Bay
- July 4th Fireworks – Lincoln City
- Great Albacore Tuna BBQ Challenge, Newport
- Pirate Treasure Hunt, Depoe Bay
- The New Lincoln County Fair
- Newport Turkey Trot, Newport