For the Kids
- Oregon Coast Aquarium. Check out their special events.
- Tide pools
- Kite flying – Kite Company on Hwy 101 in Newport
- Fossil hunting
- Agate hunting
- Sandcastle building
- Picnic on the beach
- Devil’s Punchbowl & Cape Foulweather viewpoint
- Sea Life Bay Cruise
- Hatfield Science Museum
- Newport Bayfront Undersea Gardens
- Sea lions on the bayfront docks
- Dune rides in Florence
- 24″ Train Ride, Florence
What did your kids like best? We’d love to know. Use the contact form on the right and pass on your favorites.
- Where to play? Beaches and Trails
- Nana’s Irish Pub in Nye Beach, Newport has patio seating that allows dogs – 613 NW 3rd
- Panini Bakery in Nye Beach, Newport – dog biscuits anyone? 232 NW Coast St.
- Cafe Stephanie, another Nye Beach favorite with outdoor seating where well-behaved dogs are welcome – 411 NW Coast St.
- Rogue Ales Public House loves dogs
- MoonDoggy Daycare & Spa – 208 NW 12th, Newport
Know some more great spots? Drop us a line on the right and let us know.
Favorite Food Spots
- Yuzen Japanese Cuisine, Seal Rock. Less than 5 minutes away!
- Pacific Sourdough Breads and Pastries – only open Thursdays and Saturdays from 10 to 3 but worth the wait and trip! You can also find them at the Saturday Farmers’ Market in Newport.
- Our vote for best salt water taffy – Ainslee’s in Depoe Bay
- On a sunny day sit at the outside picnic tables at Luna Sea in Yachats for some great lunchtime fish & chips
- Nana’s Irish Pub in Nye Beach – outdoor patio seating good for sharing a meal with your dog
- Sorella in Nye Beach, Newport – handmade Italian, casual dining
- Fresh Oysters from Oregon Oyster Farms in Newport
- April’s at Nye Beach – Wed thru Sunday, dinner only – very good farm to table preparation
- Restaurant Beck at Little Whaler Cove Inn, Depoe Bay – a great place for special occasions
- Drift Inn, Yachats – family-friendly restaurant serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day
- Ona, Yachats – casual atmosphere where you can explore coastal cuisine, overlooking the Yachats River and the Pacific Ocean
- Tidal Raves, Depoe Bay – seafood grill with outstanding ocean views
- Saffron Salmon, Newport – panoramic bay views and showcases northwest cuisine utilizing local and fresh ingredients
- Local Ocean, Newport Tip: sit upstairs and try their famous fish tacos or fresh crab
What were your favorites? Use the contact form on the right and let us know.
If you want to take advantage of the fully equipped kitchens here a few places to grab groceries.
- Newport: Fred Meyers, Safeway, Walmart, JC Thriftway
- Waldport: Ray’s